Saturday 3 March 2007

Cricket World Cup - Latest News

The ICC has announced the umpires and officials for the World Cup.

Umpires: Mark Benson, Billy Bowden, Steve Bucknor, Aleem Dar, Steve Davis, Billy Doctrove, Ian Gould, Daryl Harper, Tony Hill, Ian Howell, Brian Jerling, Rudi Koertzen, Peter Parker, Asad Rauf, Asoka de Silva, Simon Taufel

Match referees: Chris Broad, Jeff Crowe, Alan Hurst, Ranjan Madugalle, Roshan Mahanama, Javagal Srinath , Mike Procter


Michael Vaughan has inisted he will be fit to play the world cup and captain England.

"I certainly hope [I will be fit]," he said. "For the last two-and-a-half weeks I have been in constant rehab, and though I don't want to start shouting too soon, I've passed a lot of tests and I've been building up strength for that game against New Zealand."
"The knee is fine," he added. "In Australia there was no reaction in training or in the few games that I did play, and that's been a really good sign. Andrew Flintoff will deputise if it gets to that stage, but hope it won't come to that. I deserve a bit of luck, and hopefully I'm going to get it."

No comments: